Wednesday, July 31, 2013

CC Makes Galore!

One of my one hundred mini-goals for 2013 is to do every Crafty Creatives kit. I'm a bit behind, and box 13 threw me a loop by having not one, but five kits in it! I've been managing to fit them in to free time here and there, especially as I wait for things I need for my main polymer clay business, as well as a few other things. I still have two left to do, but I thought I'd share what I had done so far!

The first two I did were the paper and the stocking flowers. Actually, my 7-year-old daughter did the paper one, which I think looks pretty good considering I only really helped her glue it! When she saw my stocking flower she wanted one for herself, so I made her one:

As you can see, by the time I'd photographed it, it got a bit squashed from riding in her handbag to and from her grandma's house! The kit has enough to make at least 2-3 more, so I'm sure I'll be drafted to make another, soon!

I learned from my mistakes when I made the french beaded flower! I made two to start and let my daughter choose which one she wanted. She correctly chose the one on the left! I used some bigger 8/0 sized beads that I had for the stamens since my colours were similar. I'm definitely going to be making more flowers, especially since I bought this-

a bead spinner! I beaded about 3ft of wire in about 20 minutes. It's great and I love it. The kit had enough beads for two flowers but probably not enough for more unless I mixed the two colours together, but that didn't stop me playing with the bead spinner some more.

I made these triple-wrapped bracelets with some of the remaining beads and some that I'd found in my stash! They're 21" long wires that wrap, or I suppose could be worn as a necklace as well! 

The hummingbird pendant from the box was made into this simple necklace with some turquoise flower beads. Going to give this one to my mom, I think!

I also finished my cross stitch from box 12. I'm definitely going to be making at least one more of the four patterns supplied with the box, but this had to be the first. 

And I'm mid-project on this one- I didn't sew the outer beads on correctly and need to go back to reinforce them, so I of course set it aside for now. I have a lot of clay work to do this week now that I can get into it again, but this was a lot less daunting than I thought it'd be, so I'm not worried about catching up on it.

After that, and the other two flowers, I'll have just the blue bird mobile to do and the dreaded crochet mouse way back from box 5! I can make a very lovely chain... and that's about it! I will have it done though, and as another of my goals is to make a simple but nerdy amigurumi, I'll have to do it soon!

I'll have the other two flowers up to show you guys sometime next month- if I can stop making the beaded ones! 


  1. Everything looks really nice, I really need to use more of the supplies from these boxes, just need some ideas!


    1. They're great little kits- I've found some other ideas, that if I get around to them, I'll be sure to share. Stocking butterflies, for one!