Thursday, June 27, 2013

Crafty Creatives Box 12 and Thank You!

It would figure, that this month would be the one where the postie loses my parcel. It's definitely not the first time something's gone missing from my mail, but certainly the most frustrating! Finally, I have in my hands a replacement box from the lovely lovely gals at Crafty Creatives and I have a piece of what I was so lucky to be a part of!


I was pre-spoiled this month, making the cakes, but I only had 'pastel' and 'cake' to go on. I was excited to discover this even a month and a half ahead of time because one of my dream boxes is this one- The Treat Box!


Haven't taken this shot in a while... just a shot of how it looks when it's opened!


This card is one of my favourites and was one of the main reasons that I was disappointed my box got lost in the first place! It will probably be the first one I put up once I find frames that I like! The flamingo has a special place in my heart, as well.


One of my helpers, 'helping'. He had a lot to say about this box! He isn't much of a fan of lollipops but he has claimed them for his sister. We'll see about that!


Such a great assortment of beads and buttons in this box.


My charms, back home again! I rarely make things for myself so I'm tempted to just throw them back in my shop stash, but I will have to force myself to add them to something soon.


My daughter will be thrilled with the cookie cutter I ended up with! I loved Cathryn on the GBBO, so it's fun to have a recipe card featuring her own baking craftiness!


I think I mentioned on Twitter that one of my dream kits would be a cross-stitching kit, and here it is! With such great patterns, I'm not sure where to start! My mother cross-stitched a lot when I was small but I've never tried it, so I'm eager to start. 

Click to Enlarge!
As always, here is a run-down of the box's contents:
  • Art Card by Louise Williams - yum!
  • CC Kit- sweet cross stitch
  • 3 cake charms made by yours truly
  • Cupcake grosgrain ribbon 
  • 10 'm' print cabochons- I got the mix named '70s Ice Cream'!
  • Fat quarter of macaroon fabric- this is so beautiful and I'm planning on using it in my new display at the shop I'm renting a shelf from!
  • Pack of alteration tags from Stix2
  • Cookie Cutter- I got a butterfly!
  • Recipe card from Cathryn Dresser
  • Juicy beads
  • 2 double-sided craft papers
  • 5 ice cream buttons
  • 2 Chupa Chups lollies
Lastly I want to say thank you to not only Crafty Creatives for including me, but to all the wonderful things that my fellow CC bloggers have said about my charms! On the first day the boxes were landing, I was terrified! But, they have been well-recieved and then some. I'm really grateful for the feedback and the love of my little cakes! It made all the (literal) blood, sweat, and tears worth it! ;)

Thanks guys, you rock.
S



2 comments:

  1. Hi! I adored the charms! So sweet.
    Did you get started on the cross stitch kit? I would love to see what you do with it! (I designed the patterns, and I'm hoping to go around collecting up pictures of the finished works for my blog!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I haven't started on mine yet as my box arrived late and I've been busy but I was planning on doing some me-crafting this weekend so I will be sure to put it at the front of my queue! I'll probably post it here and on twitter either Sunday night or Monday midday. Looking forward to it! :D

      Delete