Monday, November 19, 2012

Christmas is (almost) here!

I am not a fan of Christmas creep. Growing up, it was almost a social faux-pas to put up any Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving weekend. Nowadays, I see Christmas items in the shops at the end of August! Even though it satisfies my extreme cravings for chocolate coins, it makes me wary of putting this into my own shop too early. Living in the UK now, with no Thanksgiving to bridge the gap between Halloween and Christmas, it's easy to fall into the spirit early, but I held off! So, for your viewing pleasure, here are some thoughts on a few highlights of this year's offerings!


Teeny Tiny Gingerbread Houses
These are new for this year- though I actually made them at the very end of the season last year and they just never got listed. They're super small and have tiny detailing, but I think they're quite cute from a distance as well.


Christmas Tree Press Cookies
The cookies of my Christmases past- no Christmas is right without them. I still ask my mom to bring some when she visits at Christmas if I won't be going to her house. Someday I'll have to finally get a cookie press and make them myself. They're cute whether you know them as press cookies or not, as well!


Christmas Tree Snack Cakes
Last year, I was asked to make some of these as a commission, and they were so much fun and came out so cute that I had to make them a permanent feature. At least *these* particular snack cakes will be around for quite a while!

Christmas Cake earrings
Another favourite are my Christmas cakes- both the trees and the holly varieties were equally popular last year and now they're all in one listing to make it easier for people to choose! These are also a blast to make, may be one for a tutorial!

Orange Fruits earrings
While they don't scream Christmas, who hasn't had an orange (Terry's or navel) at the bottom of their stocking at least once in their life? The great thing is that they're seasonal and cute enough for the spring and summer as well! I love the colour of these.

There are lots of other things in the shop, from puds to candy canes, and more will be coming! Take a look, and let me know if YOU have any ideas or requests, because I always love doing something new. As a bit of a promo, I'm doing 10% off in my shop- use the code NOVEMBER10 before the end of the month. I'm also doing 10% off of any commissions booked until that date as well- just get in touch with me via Facebook or Etsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment